Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Where did the time go??

Wow, has time ever flew. In more ways than one. I see that my last post was in May. Now it's October. It's crazy how Facebook just kinda came out of nowhere and took over. Lots has happened in the last five months. Quinn and I moved out of our fourplex at PRBI into an apartment. We're still in Sexsmith. We have 2 bedrooms, so we can accomodate company. I finally found a job. I was hired at Phoenix Insurance in Grande Prairie as the receptionist and was promoted to Personal Lines Administrative Assistant at the end of August. I've been there about 3 and a half months. I like the work. And the people. It's a pretty good place. Quinn's still working for McRae's, he's been there over a year now. I went to Manitoba twice this summer for some weddings. Two of my cousins had their weddings (trying to figure out how to word that without sounding like they married eachother...). I went solo, as Quinn had to work. We went up to Houston August long weekend for Nick & Kris's Wedding BBQ. They were the ones who got married in Maui. Quinn worked alot this summer, so there was no time for fishing or camping or anything of that sort. Quinn's parents ended up moving to Vanderhoof at the beginning of September, so that was kinda a shock, but nonetheless an amazing story of God's provision, seeing as how they were able to sell their house, buy a house and move all in about a month. Quinn and I went to Edmonton with Nick & Kris in September. Quinn and Nick had tickets to the Canada/Russia hockey game in Red Deer. Lots of shopping, well, me and Kris did, hit up Ikea and the mall. We all went to the Waterpark, which was awesome. This weekend was Thanksgiving. Quinn had to work on Saturday so my parents and my brother along with a cooked turkey came to our house. Yes, I hosted Thanksgiving dinner without having to cook turkey! I'm awesome. Also, this weekend was our first anniversary. This is my second point as to where does the time go?? We've been married for a year. It was definitely a great year, some adjustment, but so good. Definitely not as hard as some people make it out to be. I wouldnt' trade being married for anything! Well that's about it in a nutshell...okay, so maybe not a nutshell. Maybe more like a novel. I hope you all had something to be truly thankful for this year. I know I did. His name starts with Q.

3 comments:

Laura said...

No way! You've posted again... I was starting to think we weren't going to see anymore posts from you guys :)
Happy Belated Anniversary. The year goes by so fast eh? Congrats!

Anonymous said...

i almost gave up on you too! if it wasn't for my strong will of procrastinating the laundry on my couch, i wouldn't have even checked! glad to hear you guys had a great thanksgiving (yea for not having to stick your hand up the turkey's cold butt!)and that things are going so well for you!

Holm's said...

Are you done blogging forever????????