Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Softly and Tenderly Jesus is Calling

Thursday will be Neila's first birthday. I cannot believe that it has been a whole year since she arrived. I am amazed at how evident it is even in someone so young that we are born with a sinful nature. Her small ways of testing boundaries remind me our our need for a Savior. With this reminder, I see in her a soft heart. I pray that this continues and that she is easily moulded by the Holy Spirit and soft to His voice. Sometimes a stern look as correction is enough to make her cry. As crazy energetic and outgoing that she is, I pray that she will have a sensitive heart that is in tune with the struggles and pain of those around her, that she will be compassionate, and that she will know Jesus early and desire to serve him.

A whole year. It has been a great year. I am so thankful for the gift of motherhood and my baby girl, who on Thursday, enters toddler-hood.

Love you baby girl.

No comments: