Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A tribute to Steve

I watched the Ceremony on CBC last night where the Detroit Red Wings retired the jersey of "The Captain", Steve Yzerman. He's been my favorite player for a long time and hearing all the things that were said about him, proves that he is a hockey player worth looking up to. Instead of accepting all the praise and glory, he refused to take the credit and went on to thank his teammates, coaches, owners, fans, and his family for all his successes and even went on to say that he felt like it was a bit "overdone". Way to go! Thanks for the great seasons.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

P,
I write you comments but I do not know if you get them. I just thought I would let you know that I am writing you. Do you get them???
Linds

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.